Friday, July 24, 2015

Making a "Bomb" pinata


My son wanted a bomb pinata at his 6th birthday party, so I decide to make one. I'd never made one before, but I saw ideas online and found this how-to.

So, I followed the directions, and made a ball-shaped paper mache base. I didn't do a whole 10 layers, as the blog suggested, but I don't remember how many it was. I just went until it felt stiff enough:



 My hole for removing the balloon and adding the candy turned out messy, but it worked:




I decided to re-enforce the hole that I put a rope through, so that it wouldn't fall apart as soon as I hung it:


























After filling it with candy and making it more structurally sound, I started covering it with crepe paper. I started near the middle, making a line of glue, and then attaching the paper to it, rotating until I reached the end, and then started again from the middle to work my way to the other end:



















I did a Google image search for a "Boom" that my son liked, printed it off, and glued it to the pinata:



He was pretty happy with the final result, and all the kids at the party enjoyed taking a whack at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment